Sunday, August 24, 2008

Punny

The punniness of a situation can often be accentuated by adding a pun-word. Pun-words are words that normally start with "un" or have an "un" sound at the beginning.

Example:
You: The current events really shock me!
Audience: Hahaha...
You: Yeah, that was really punny, wasn't it?
Audience: Heh...
You: I guess you could say it was really punsuccessful.
Audience: Groan...
Etc.

Good pun-words include:
Pun-intended: Sorry, that was pun-intendid.
Pun-intentional: I didn't mean to make a pun, I swear! It was Pun-intentional!
Pun-expected: That was pun-expectedly funny!
Pun-wanted: I guess my jokes are pun-wanted!
Pun-satisfactory: That last one a little pun-satisfactory.

Don't overuse, or your audience will quickly tire!

Additionally, one can replace the first letters of words with the "un" sound with p's.
Are you having a pun time reading this?
Ahh! More bad jokes! Pun away!
Etc.

No comments: